Use AA batteries to power your heat
Our Price $
| MSRP 80.00
| In stock
Therm-ic Powerpack Basic boot heaters are
designed to give you heat with boots that already have the heating elements installed. You can tell if you have heating elements installed by the wires coming out of the back of your boots. Therm-ic Powerpack Basic can be a great choice because they are powered by "AA" batteries which can be found just about anywhere and allows you to use the system world wide, or somewhere you don't have access to an outlet to recharge. The Powerpack Basic are also the least expensive option for a battery boot heating system.
You select from 3 heat settings to determine the amount of heat you need.
- Setting #1 offers 37C/99F of heat and lasts about 12 hours.
- Setting #2 offers 45C/113F of heat and lasts about 5.5 hours.
- Setting #3 offers 70C/158F of heat and lasts about 2 hours.
Keep in mind a few rules. The higher the heat setting, the faster your batteries expire. Also, results are based on using fresh "AA" Alkaline batteries. Using fresh AA batteries will last longer so look at battery expiration dates. Therm-ic recommends Alkaline batteries. You can still use rechargeable batteries, but expect about 25% less heat and longevity when you use rechargeable batteries. And don't use a thick sock with battery boot heaters as it will insulate you from feeling the heat. You should allow 3-5 minutes for the batteries to heat the elements to your desired settings.
Therm-ic Powerpack Basic information;
- You'll receive 2 battery housings that hold 4 "AA" batteries each. There is a clip on the back of the battery pack that allows you to clip the battery pack to your power strap or the back of your boot or shoes. See above photo.
- You'll receive an instruction manual on how to use the system. Make sure to read the manual before using the first time.
- One battery pack with 4 AA batteries weighs only 5.3 ounces. Not heavy, but Therm-ic rechargable battery systems are lighter.
- Battery pack dimensions are 3" high x 2 3/4" wide x 1" deep.
- Therm-ic offers a one year manufacture warranty against manufacture defects.
Please read our comments; If you only need heat occasionally, the Therm-ic Powerpack Basic is the least expensive way to heat your boots. But if you use your boot heaters more than 5 times a season, consider one of Therm-ic rechargable battery systems. It will be less expensive in the long run and the heat will last longer. A problem may frustrate you, it's hard to keep track how much time is left on the batteries if you use the batteries only a few hours the day before. You may find yourself carrying around 8 AA batteries to keep your feet warm. If this sounds like a concern, look into a recharable system from Therm-ic as you'll start with fully charged batteries every time you go out.
See our battery boot heater comparision chart for determining your choice.
Watch a video to see how to install boot heaters.