Beginner Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson
Please make your Phone In reservation at least 24 hours in advance to guarantee your space!
Reservations should be made for *top of the hour only. Example; 11am, 3 pm, etc.
1 hour Weekday Paddleboard Lesson
1 hour Weekend Paddleboard Lesson
Simply standing on a paddle board and putting the paddle in the water doesn't mean you know how to paddle board. When you learn the basics of paddle boarding, you'll enjoy it more and progress faster. Our lessons are held at the Board House located at Three Oaks Recreation Area in Crystal Lake, IL. There is a 330 acre lake with crystal clear water, 8 islands, 5 bays, plenty of wildlife, a sandy launch area, and shelter In our opinion, the best lake to go paddleboarding in northern IL.
In our beginner paddle board lesson you'll learn...
- How to size, hold, and use your paddle
- How to use your paddle to control your board
- How to kneel on the board and why it's important
- Where and how to stand on the board.
- How to get back on your board after you fall in the water
Our 1 hour beginner paddle board lesson includes...
- Use of a paddle board, paddle, board leash, and vest
- 10-15 minutes dry land instruction
- 10-15 minutes of on water instruction
- Any remaining time of the hour is having fun on the water.
Make sure to dress accordingly. You may fall in and get wet. You can bring a change of clothes and towels. There are places to store your gear at the Board House while you are on the water. Bring a friend to watch or better yet, both of you take a lesson and learn together! Our lessons are held at Three Oaks Recreation Area in Crystal Lake, IL.
The address is 5517 NW Hwy, Crystal Lake, IL
Entry to Three Oaks Recreation Area is free but there is a $5 per vehicle parking fee. (Carpooling is recommended!)
- Walk Ups Welcomed - based on availability
- Reservations are taken by phone only. Just give the number of people in your group, what hour you want to go and your phone number.
- Reservations made on availability. Hot humid week end days fill up quickly. So call early and please be on time.
- You can use the paddleboard for 1, 2, or 3 hours. Keep in mind, it takes an experienced paddleboarder about 2 hours to go around the the lake.
- Reservations are paid when you arrive at the Board House in full. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please contact us the day before. We will contact you in case of bad weather closes the lake.
- Please show up 15 minutes ahead of your time to sign waivers and get ready so you get the paddleboard for the entire hour.
- Reservations should be made for top of the hour only. Example; 11am, 3 pm, etc.
- Children must be 12 or older and have a parent or gaurdian sign the
Three Oaks Waiver. If you are chaperoning others children, there is a Trip Permission form for the childs parents to sign.
To get our paddle board e-mail coupons and specials text: BOARDHOUSE to 22828