Intermediate Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson
Please make your phone reservation at least 24 hours in advance to guarantee your space and advanced instructor availability!
Reservations should be made for *top of the hour only. Example; 11am, 3 pm, etc.
You've taken a Beginner Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson and have about 3-5 hours of paddleboarding experience. But you know there's more to just standing and putting a paddle in the water. An Intermediate Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson is what you want. In this one hour lesson, you'll probably get more knowledge than you ever thought about paddleboarding. All lessons are at our Board House located at Three Oaks Recreation Area in the City of Crystal Lake, IL.
An Intermediate Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson includes...
- Use of paddle board, board leash, paddle, and life vest.
- 10-15 minutes dry land instruction
- 15-30 minutes of on water instruction
- Instruction is with one of our more experienced instuctors of which they spend at least 30-45 minutes with you.
In an Intermediate Stand Up Paddle Board Lesson, you'll learn...
- Where to properly stand on your board and how to trim your board for better glide and performance.
- How to use your paddle more efficiently using your body, not just your arms.
- You'll learn 6 essential paddle stokes that help you steer and control your board.
- How to handle wind and waves.
All our stand up paddle board lessons are given at our Board House located at Three Oaks Recreation Area in Crystal Lake, IL. The 330 acre crystal clear water lake has 5 bays to explore, 8 islands, a sandy launch area, a shelter, and NO MOTOR BOATS to create a wake. We consider this lake to be the best lake in northern IL for paddleboarding. The address is;
5517 NW Hwy, Crystal Lake, IL
Entry to Three Oaks is free. There is a $5 per vehicle parking fee.
Chances are you may fall in and get wet. You may bring extra clothes and a towel. The is storage at the Board House for your gear while you are on the water. Dress for the weather.
- Reservations are taken by phone only. Just give the number of people in your group, what hour you want to go and your phone number.
- Reservations made on availability. Hot humid week end days fill up quickly. So call early and please be on time.
- Consider reserving an additional hour of rental following your lesson.
- Reservations are paid when you arrive at the Board House in full. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please contact us the day before. We will contact you in case of bad weather closes the lake.
- Please show up 15 minutes ahead of your time to sign waivers and get ready so you get the paddleboard for the entire hour.
- Reservations should be made for top of the hour only. Example; 11am, 3 pm, etc.
- Children must be 12 or older and have a parent or gaurdian sign the
Three Oaks Waiver. If you are chaperoning others children, there is a Trip Permission form for the childs parents to sign.
To get our paddle board e-mail coupons and specials text: BOARDHOUSE to 22828