Mittens are always warmer than gloves, especially with heat.
Therm-ic's PowerMitt have 3 heat settings that allow you to regulate your comfort level . The Thermic impulse processor warms your hands in your fingers and thumb for up to 10 hours. And if you are wondering. Mittens are warmer than gloves, period. So if you want warm hands, always get mittens.
Do your fingers get cold easily? Then you'll enjoy the convenience of heated mittens. There's a heating element at the end of each finger and thumb so the heat is right where you want it. The adjustable heat allows you to select the amount of heat you want. Also, if you get cold feet, see our Therm-ic battery boot heaters for your feet.
Features of the Therm-ic PowerMitt men's heated mittens....
- The outer shell is constructed of weather treated Dobby-Nylon along with genuine goat's leather in the palm and back of hand.
- Inside the mitten is an inner liner made with 10k/10k impermeable and a breathable membrane.
- Insulation is used to help keep yur hands warm when not using heat but also helps trap the heat inside. Therm-ic uses Primaloft because it's light weight, breathable, water resistant, and offers warmth without bulk.
- The removable security leashes come in handy so you don't lose the mittens or if you need to remove your mittens on the chairlift.
- A goggle wipe located on the thumb helps clean the outside of your goggle lens if needed.
- Therm-ic offers a two year warranty against manufactures defects.
About the batteries and charging system
- Each mitten has two light weight lithium-ion batteries that store in a pouch on the inner wrist. Each battery weighs under 3 ounces and you hardly notice them.
- Want longer heat? Purchase an extra set of batteries for your mittens. The batteries in these mittens can be exchanged with another fully charged set for longer duration. These gloves use the Therm-ic Glove and Mitten Batteries with the Red connector.
- Charging the batteries is easy. The USB charging cord works in any USB port in your phone charger or computer. Depending on how low your batteries are, charging can take up to 5 hours. The charging cable will stop charging once your batteries are fully charged so you don't over charge.
- The heat in each mitten is regulated by a switch on the back of each hand. There are 3 heat settings to control the amount of heat you desire.
- Keep in mind, the heat is warm, not hot! The Therm-ic heating is intended to keep your hands from getting cold, not to heat them. The correct temperature level and heating duration depends on various factors, such as the charge of the batteries and the external temperature. Use the below table as a rough guide.
||Average temp C°
||Average temp F°
||8 - 10 hours
||4 - 5 hours
||2 - 2.5 hours
The internal heating elements are water resistant and will absorb shock without breaking. Each finger and thumb has its own heating element. The heat is controlled by a button on the back of the hand and adjusts the three levels of heat.
If you want warm hands, mittens are the way to go. And if you want the warmest mitten, this is one of the best to get due to the added heat.